BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

thankful for those days.


I will be quite honest with you. I was a bitter young lady, this morning. I was grumpy, tired, and a concerned soul. 
Waking at 3:00am and not being able to pass the “almost asleep” stage.
My good friend isn't talking. He has been on my heart and I’m concerned for him, but he’s the type who locks all emotion up in him and doesn’t budge. I’m the kind who likes to help when “problems” arise, and not being able to is troubling sometimes. 
But I have since gone on a run; the kind of run where you run and just keep running. Your mind carries you and you reflect and simply think. 
And it got me thinking, I don’t have control over this life of mine, nor his. I have this tendency to like to have control over certain things {which is surprising because of my care-free attitude towards most of life}. And I realized I don’t. God ultimately has control and it’s a bitter battle between He and I. 
But in this run, my attitude switched, recognizing all I have to be thankful for. And I am thankful for the listening-ears that He’s provided, and the willingness to listen when appropriate. I cannot push one to talk, so that I can get satisfaction in helping them. I need to have the opposite motive. I need to want to listen, because I want to listen, not so that I can feel better about myself; like another “gold star” for me.
Moreover, I’m thankful for the discovery of new things. Be it music, quotes, people.
As I posted the video, “You Don’t Know How Lucky You Are,” I realized I truly, in it’s truest sense, don’t know how “lucky” I really am. I posted yesterday about being experienced, and I got a kind note from a dear friend. She stated something like being content in where you are and being able to find “experience” in the everyday things. It rang close to home for me. I can travel fifteen minutes away, in two different directions, and be in two different states.
Shoot, how could I not experience something glorious out there? I’ve got to recognize and appreciate what I have, for all it’s worth. By doing so, I believe I could become more experienced — and if not experienced, than definitely thankful.   
So, thank you. Thank you to Him for bringing light on the subject, in which I am having difficulty with. I’m in a much better place this afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment