BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Every Minute of It


Sweet friends, what a simple and yet very heavy phrase to try and tell yourself daily. Sure, you say it and try to make yourself feel it, but do you truly love every minute of this God-given, precious life

I sure as heck don't -- that's my honest-to-God-truth! 

I struggle daily with the ways of the world, I struggle to love my friends as I should, I struggle with keeping an open mind and so much more. I found as this new year has gone on its way, already a month and a half in, that I am consciously trying to make an effort to not let this year go by without meaningful decisions, friendships, and trying to enjoy these minutes of my life. 

January was found to be a growing month -- filled without Facebook, a successful Winter Session (A in the course), better paychecks, and most importantly a fire inside of me to read the Word. 

With the guiding help of #SheReadsTruth and their daily readings, I have been able to grow in my faith and have been able to explore books of the Bible that I would not have gone before. I've been filled with grace, daily, and it's a transforming experience. If you have yet to go and check these ladies out, please do so! 

Upon stumbling on this beautiful, scripted quote, it made me think: I may not be in love with every minute of my life, but I am thankful for every minute of it. 

I have learned to be thankful through the trials of this beautiful life, through the glorious moments, and the messy moments. Life sure teaches you lessons, it makes you struggle, but you manage, by His mercy and grace -- and how can you not be thankful for that? 

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful ... Love you ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came over from tumblr... thanks for your honesty on this post! I love the quote, and agree with the thankfulness aspect. And I think I was meant to be here, as the #shereadstruth is exactly what I am looking for, especially during this Lent season. So thank you!

    ReplyDelete