BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 21, 2011

thunderstorms

I awoke to a HUGE thunderstorm this morning. To a huge crash of thunder.

If you know me, then you know that I absolutely hate thunderstorms at night. I am perfectly fine during the daytime, however they scare me at night. I don't know the reasoning behind this, as the rest of my family loves them at night. I can't sleep and I can't remain calm.
I crawl further into my covers, pull them up to cover me just enough to protect my eyes from the flashes of lightening. I hold onto my pillow, as if it will protect me.
I don't think I like the anticipation of the thunder, after the lightning. Maybe that's it!?

I lay in bed anxiously waiting for the end of the earth-shaking thunder, and the pounding rain against my window panes. It finally ended after a long thirty minutes, or so. My heart stops beating faster than normal, and I get back to my calm, sleepy self. I fall back to sleep, and I soak up the warmth of my sheets and blankets, for another hour or so 'til the start of a fresh new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment