BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

love suffers long

i’ve been in the wilderness for far too long.
You showed me who You are, You proved Your faithfulness to me, You fed me and gave me sweet water to drink but i would not allow myself to be satisfied. i complained and moaned and groaned against You. i forgot who You were. i forgot what You did. what could have been a short journey became prolonged because of myself, so i’ve walked in constant circles.

but now i see this has been the sweetest place to be.
after all the shortcutting and running away and running in circles the last couple years i finally understand.
i now find myself surrendered at Your feet, finally trusting in You. the sin is being filtered out day by day, the walls of my heart are being broken down, my eyes are being enlightened to all that You are doing. and though i’ve learned, i am still learning. learning to lean not on my own understanding. learning to trust in You. learning to place my hope in only You. learning that only You will satisfy this heart.

and it’s because of Your love and grace that i can even have a glimpse of the promised land…that i have this hope of newness and growth and intimacy with You.
all because love suffers long.
because You suffer long.

{via http://unworthyofhisgrace.tumblr.com/post/16001646887}

No comments:

Post a Comment