BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I Still Chose to Praise Him

                                               

Joy is not necessarily the absence of suffering, it is the presence of God. — Sam Storms











This spoke truth to me, today, as I was reading through some blogs. I have had my fair share of small trials recently, and I have grown, I have learned, I have praised God, I have leaned on God, I have cried out to God, I have also received unending grace and love.  


I have copious amounts of journal entries; lines filled with prayer and scripture, rants and praise. Some are tear stained, but more are filled with the light that He has shown through, learning and trusting Him. 


Upon reading this quote, it made me realize the raw truth. Though I will have undoubtedly pain-filled days, if I recognize the grace, the love, the care, the presence of our loving Father, than it can be produced into utter joy.
I may worry about whether I can make it from this past paycheck to the next, whether I can do better this semester than previous, whether I continue discipline, etc. I need to realize that He has it under control, that it's His plans that will play out, not mine. I will still praise Him. 


I will not dismiss the suffering because my Father knows that I would not be here if I didn't suffer.


I am more so thankful, thankful for the sufferings because I have grown.

No comments:

Post a Comment